-------------
Faced with the unutterable, words still disintigrate...
And ever new, out of the most quivering stones, music builds her divine house in useless space.
-Rilke
-------------
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
I am moody.
|
[I am not very good at html]
|
|
|
sometimes i wish... [a blog]
|
|
| |
Tuesday, June 11, 2002
"Well, dear friends, you know that some men can do to the glory of God what to other men would be sin. And notwithstanding what brother Pentecost has said, I intend to smoke a good cigar to the glory of God before I go to bed to-night." -Charles Spurgeon
"Why, a man may think it a sin to have his boots blacked. Well, then, let him give it up, and have them whitewashed. I wish to say that I'm not ashamed of anything whatever that I do, and I don't feel that smoking makes me ashamed, and therefore I mean to smoke to the glory of God." -Spurgeon
"I demur altogether and most positively to the statement that to smoke tobacco is in itself a sin. It may become so, as any other indifferent action may, but as an action it is no sin." -Spurgeon
"If smoking cigars is not permitted in heaven, I won't go." -Mark Twain
"I take pleasure in the very vices (with the exception of illegal drags) that the government seeks to stamp out like some spent butt. I take these pleasures in moderation, in part because they cease to be pleasures when one overindulges. I also eat Blizzards from Dairy Queen. And I fail to practice anger in moderation when the state, in seeking to keep its citizens from sinning, keeps me from enjoying my God given rights to these pleasures. The Bible has a word for people who, in order to make sure no one comes close to breaking God's law, add man's laws to it, Pharisees." -RC Sproul, Jr.
also, Rev’d Robert A. Lotzer (PCA) smokes.
10:41 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|