-------------
Faced with the unutterable, words still disintigrate...
And ever new, out of the most quivering stones, music builds her divine house in useless space.
-Rilke
-------------
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
I am moody.
|
[I am not very good at html]
|
|
|
sometimes i wish... [a blog]
|
|
| |
Wednesday, August 28, 2002
top 5 alt-pop/pop-rock albums of 90's
1 Weezer - Blue Album
2 Jimmy Eat World - Clarity
3 Self - Subliminal Plastic Motives
4 Nirvana - Nevermind
5 Foo Fighters - self-titled
of course i would put OK Computer, but I didn't listen to it until after the 90's, so it doesn't count in my head. I would've put Ten by Pearl Jam, but it's just too rock for me to think it pop--i mean, it doesn't really have the "pop sensibilities" that I was trying to capture with this list--it's great but not as ultra-catchy as the others. As in, fairly simple but ultra-catchy chord structures with loads of hooks and very high quality production. The Juliana Theory's Emotion is Dead would've been on here if it were made a year earlier. Beck just missed the list--he was never quite as listen-to-able for me as the others were. And obviously, this list is subjective and i'll probably disagree with myself in less than a day, but it's fun! feel free to post your own top 5's [be inspired by Hi Fidelity] on the "tag-board". Or mock my list. Whatever.
10:39 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|