-------------
Faced with the unutterable, words still disintigrate...
And ever new, out of the most quivering stones, music builds her divine house in useless space.
-Rilke
-------------
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
I am moody.
|
[I am not very good at html]
|
|
|
sometimes i wish... [a blog]
|
|
| |
Sunday, May 05, 2002
you know, sometimes pretense can be fun.
especially caP'n Jazz.
Tim Kinsella's first godawful, ultra-pretentious punk/emo band.
I'm thinking more that they aren't as pretentious as people say, because he doesn't intend for people to take his nonsensical wordplays seriously. and then sometimes Joan of Arc just makes me sick. depends on mood and context i guess. and song. because some are actually good songs--not caP'n Jazz of course, but Joan of Arc I mean.
I think the humor is that it's not humor to some people, i mean, there are some people who don't get it, because they think there is something to get, which there isn't, usually... i mean, they throw in, now and then, a hint of some truth or some reference to something like another obscure band/song or something. mostly, it's just fun.
i am still in love with the terrifically terrible cover of Take on Me. It makes me want to play instruments obnoxiously and yell alot too.
and then i like that they were only around circa '93-'95.
that makes what they did more appropriate in context of what else was going on.
wow, that's some bad horn playing.
heh.
somehow, despite how bad their songs are, i wish i had thought of all of them.
90210 was sure a long time ago... too bad i never watched or maybe the cover of the theme would be funnier
holy cow, two versions of In The Clear! I can't believe i just started listening to cd2 of the 2 cd ANALPHABETAPOLOTHOLOGY set. I wish i had some of their original stuff... then i would be soooooo old school. heh. what a stupid concept. so stupid that i somehow buy into it... ah well, it's fun. as long as i don't sacrifice anything important for it. i just gotta keep my priorities straight. that's sometimes hard for me. like i should be studying for AP or doing Spanish make-up work due tomorrow or sleeping since i'm sick and have to be up early for the AP Test tomorrow.... i guess i'll go...
10:42 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|