sometimes i wish... [a blog]

-------------

Faced with the unutterable, words still disintigrate...
And ever new, out of the most quivering stones, music builds her divine house in useless space.
-Rilke
-------------



























 













 
[I am not very good at html]


























I am moody.

+JON K. is my friend

+WITTY, intelligent underground music criticism

i should've put this link up long ago.

+JASPER is a really great guy


sometimes i wish... [a blog]
 
Saturday, January 19, 2002  
The show:

Alley Katz, Richmond, Va.

1/18/02

Bats and Mice-- think "Dead Sunny June of Jam Delgado."
[Dead Red Sea, old Sunny Day, June of 44, Pearl Jam, Marion Delgado]
Or just think really darn good. some was mellow, some was faster. both guitarists and the bassist all sing equally. They have different voices, it's really cool. One guy sounds like Jeremy Enigk [sdre], the other has a very choppy style of singing, and the other half sings and half speaks. They were great with build and stuff. One guy smashed his guitar and convulsed on stage at the end. Smashed his guitar. It's not just on the movies. It's insane to see it in real life. The fact that the other guitarist just kept playing normally made it look all the more crazy and sweet. wow.

Denali-- wow. wow. triple wow. They were one of the best bands i've ever heard; though not appropriate to open for Strike Anywhere at all. Alley Katz was totally full and many people didn't get in to see Denali because it was full. I think the fact that both Denali and Strike have their own massive followings is what made that happen. Yeah, that one song where it's quiet for the entire thing until the end when they explode was friggin' incredible. Incredible. I almost wet myself with excitement. I think my friend Charles actually did.

Strike Anywhere-- Hard punk. Yes, it's not the best music, but if you were to listen to punk, you should listen to these guys. They do what punk should very well. The energy is what makes it all worthwhile. It's all about the crazy energy. Intense, rather, insane moshpit. One guy lost a tooth in the hxc dancing circle.

I saw pretty much everyone I've ever met in my life at that show. People that I've not seen for -years- were there. Didn't have much to say because I was caught so off-guard. Oh well.

I saw 3 awesome bands... well, 1 really -really- good band, 1 insanely incredible band, and 1 extremely fun band. Too bad only Strike Anywhere has cds out.

12:51 AM

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.